A lot of babies just refuse to sleep at night while their really tired mothers do everything to get them to bed so that they too can get some rest.
Personally, I tried a lot of things to get my own baby to sleep early without success until this one worked. Here is what I did;
- Once it was 4pm, I refused to let my baby sleep.
- I engaged him in multiple play to keep him awake until I was ready for his bedtime at 7 pm. As at that time, he was super exhausted and crying a bit.
- I gave him a bath. At this time, I noticed his eyes had become droopy and he was very cranky.
- Afterwards, I took him to a dark room to breastfeed. He slept off almost immediately!
- I put him down on the bed he would sleep for the rest of the night. Not in the parlour with the tv on please!
I was amazed at how fast this worked. I continued the routine for about one week and he became a natural. He would play in the evening and dose off at night.
It’s always better to put your baby to bed between 6 pm and 8 pm; before he becomes cranky later at night.
You should give this a try too. It may teach your baby to sleep early at night.
Please share your experience with us in the comment section.